The Augmented Reality (AR) game, Pokémon Go has fundamentally changed how we interact with
technology in our environment. This game has seamless augmented reality features, such as users
being able to see animated characters on their phone screens, real physical locations, and even
businesses showing up as “Poke-stops.”
Pokémon Go has also fundamentally changed how this game will affect the future of app
development. In this article, we’ll talk about the 6 ways in which this can happen. So, here goes…
- Other apps will roll out AR features: Augmented Reality (AR) relies on the latest GPS
technology. Pokémon Go lets players feel that they are playing this game in the “real world”.
One of the main reasons for this game’s popularity is the interaction of the altered real
world with the digital world. In the future, other apps will take advantage of AR or then,
even create games with Virtual Reality (VR), where entirely new worlds can be created
before our very eyes.
- Adoption of gamification by apps: New apps will use gamification to create new
experiences for players. In Pokémon Go, gamification means that walking has become a
game. In this way, you can do everything from visiting cultural landmarks to traveling to new places. In the future, too, apps will integrate physical and digital realities seamlessly.
- Use of unlimited potential by apps: In most games, there is finite potential. However, in Pokémon Go, there is unlimited potential. Many apps in the future will tap into this and
create customizable and individualistic apps with unlimited potential.
- Creation of apps that encourage learning: Pokémon Go is neither too simple nor too complex, thereby engaging both new users and experienced gamers and promoting learning. Other apps will attempt to mimic this, by letting new users pick up their app with relative ease, but also rewarding the committed players.
- Continued use of microtransactions: Pokémon Go is not the only game using
microtransactions. However, its first priority is giving gamers a game that they will love. This means that these players do not mind spending a few dollars along the way. Creators of
other, similar apps will adopt the use of microtransactions, but will not make it their top
priority. Like Pokémon Go, they will create a game that people will love, with
microtransactions taking place as a natural step in the process.
- Enable team bonding: Pokémon Go lets you be a part of a team, so that it can encourage
bonding and build loyalty. While this social element is small, it makes a huge difference to
players. Other apps will also make use of such features in the future, to lure players and may
also include more traditional modes, such as a chat feature.
While Pokémon Go hasn’t been around for a long time, it has already completely changed the way
people interact with their environment. With millions jumping onto the Pokémon Go bandwagon,
this AR game is only likely to spawn other apps that will use the most popular Pokémon Go features along with their own enhancements, to entice players.
Devship specializes in building apps for varied uses and with varied features. We do this by applying intelligent strategy, agile development, smart architecture, and breath-taking design. We also build engaging mobile apps for iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile.
App development, especially of complex apps isn’t easy. However, Pokémon Go has shown that it
can be done. With Pokémon Go fast becoming a phenomenon, other apps that are complex, yet enjoyable, will enter the market, this just being a matter of time. For consumers this is a win-win
So, if you want to build an app of your choice for your business, get in touch with Devship and rest
easy, knowing that you are in the right hands. Here’s to many more enjoyable moments with the app of your choice!